Q: How many mothers of multiples have subsequent pregnancies?

A: Some families do have children after the birth of their multiples. The ongoing Subsequent Pregnancy survey currently has responses from families who had one or more children after their multiples. An overwhelming majority of those respondents, 70%, actually experienced a spontaneous pregnancy, and the remaining 30% used treatments for infertility to conceive. In fact, 16% of these responses subsequently gave birth to multiples again. The majority of the singleton subsequent pregnancies went near full term, over 38 weeks.

Click here for resources and references to accompany our FAQs