Please click below for answers to frequently asked questions related to emotional health.
- Will I be placed on bed rest during my multiple pregnancy?
- Do new mothers of higher-order multiples experience post-partum depression (PPD) more often than new mothers of singletons or twins?
NICU, Loss & Bereavement
- I feel like I am an outsider in my babies’ lives since the nurses and doctors are taking care of them. With so many, how can I be more involved and keep track of what is happening since I am not at the hospital 24 hours a day?
- How can I get through the grief to care for my other children should one or more of my multiples die?
- How do I deal with congratulations from friends and families while my babies are in the NICU, but I’m not quite ready to celebrate?
- What do I say when I suspect friends and family members are afraid to send their congratulations because the babies have complications and needed to stay in the NICU?
- How can I best support my sister/friend/co-worker who has lost one or more of her babies in a multiple birth pregnancy?
- What helps a triplet, quadruplet, or other multiple cope with the loss of a multiple birth sibling?
- How do I make one on one time with each child and my spouse?
- Is the empty nest experience different for parents of multiples?
- How do we inform family/friends about a disability?
- What is respite care? How do I know if I am eligible?
- Should we consider family counseling to help family members deal with a child/sibling with a disability?
- How do I know if my child is eligible for Social Security benefits/Medicaid?
- How does a parent of higher-order multiples advocate for his or her child?
Please Note: Raising Multiples provides these FAQs for informational purposes and cautions visitors not to use the content below to make treatment decisions without personally consulting a qualified health care provider. Reuse of this content without proper citation is a violation of copyright. To obtain permission to use this content contact us.