Please click below for answers to frequently asked questions related to multiple pregnancy.
General Pregnancy FAQs
- When is a fetal reduction recommended in a multiple pregnancy?
- What is the average gestation for each type of multiple pregnancy?
- What is the survival rate of triplets?
- How much weight will I gain while pregnant with higher-order multiples?
- How do I choose a doctor for my multiple pregnancy?
- How do I choose a hospital for delivery if I’m expecting multiples?
- What are the most common complications and maternal risks of a multiple pregnancy?
- Will I be placed on bed rest during my multiple pregnancy?
- Should I tour the NICU before delivery?
- Are all higher-order multiples delivered by c-section?
- Can multiples births have different delivery dates?
- Do new mothers of higher-order multiples experience post-partum depression (PPD) more often than new mothers of singletons or twins?
- What is the difference between identical or fraternal multiples?
- Do identical multiples present additional risks during pregnancy?
- Will my multiples need to stay in the NICU, and if so, for how long?
Please Note: Raising Multiples provides these FAQs for informational purposes and cautions visitors not to use the content below to make treatment decisions without personally consulting a qualified health care provider. Reuse of this content without proper citation is a violation of copyright. To obtain permission to use this content contact us.