Please click below for answers to frequently asked questions related to “stats & facts.”
- What is each type of multiple birth called?
- What are the odds of having a multiple birth?
- Are most triplets or more the result of fertility treatments?
- What is the survival rate of triplets?
- What is the difference between identical or fraternal multiples?
- What is RSV?
- Actual vs. Adjusted Age
- Common Multiple Birth Complications
Pregnancy and Birth
- How is a multiple pregnancy diagnosed?
- What is the average gestation for each type of multiple pregnancy?
- Are all higher-order multiples delivered by c-section?
- Can multiples births have different delivery dates?
- Do new mothers of higher-order multiples experience post-partum depression (PPD) more often than new mothers of singletons or twins?
- Can parents of multiples participate in skin to skin (kangaroo) care?
- Does being a multiple affect language development like developing Twin-Talk?
- How many mothers of multiples have subsequent pregnancies?
Please Note: Raising Multiples provides these FAQs for informational purposes and cautions visitors not to use the content below to make treatment decisions without personally consulting a qualified health care provider. Reuse of this content without proper citation is a violation of copyright. To obtain permission to use this content contact us.