Safer in 7 – tips from our friends at Family Voices and Safe Kids USA
- Jiggle your kid’s car seat. If it moves more than 1 inch at the base, tighten it up.
- Secure furniture and TVs. Mount flat screens and keep bulky-style TVs on a low and stable base.
- Check smoke and CO alarms. Replace devices every 10 years. Replace batteries every year.
- Scan your home for places kids can get into medicine. It is pills in purses, vitamins on counters, and medicine in daily reminder boxes that curious kids get into.
- Check around your house for coin-sized button batteries.
- Ask your kid’s coaches if they have had concussion or safety training.
- Take Action Against Distraction.