- National Prematurity Month
- Adopt A Family to begin
- RSV Season begins–Are you ready?
- Stories from the Heart blog
- MOST Family Forums
- MOST Membership
This month is National Prematurity Month. All triplet and more babies are premature (most twins are also). Caring for a premature baby can be stressful, caring for more than one can be very stressful! Here are some resources and information.
Infant Toddler Tips and Resources
Adopt A Family
The families that will be included this year will be listed around Thanksgiving. More may be added so check back frequently. Please visit our webpage to find more information about this great program.
Each year we are touched by the wonderful people and organizations willing to give from their hearts to help these children have a happy holiday. We hope that you, your employer, or family and friends will consider adopting one of our families or donating to MOST so that we can continue supporting families year round.
For otherwise healthy children, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) usually amounts to little more than a cold. However, for preemies and other at-risk infants (including multiple births), the health consequences can be much more serious. To avoid RSV:
- Have family members and caregivers wash their hands with warm water and soap before touching the babies. Dryhands thoroughly.
- Avoid being around the babies if you have a cold or fever
- Avoid exposing the babies to other children with cold symptoms
- Keep the babies away from crowded places
- Never smoke around the babies
- Talk to your babies’ primary care physician about RSV risks, and if your children are at risk, about medications available to prevent RSV complications.
- RSV resources on PreemieCare
- CDC RSV Surveillance Is RSV in your area?
- RSV Awareness Button for your blog
Online Shopping to benefit you and MOST!
Make your shopping easier by buying online! At the same time you can help MOST. Lots of supplies, clothes and other items are available on Amazon.com. Or shop through iGive.com. There are many stores that will give a percentage of your purchase to MOST! Just by joining MOST will receive $5. And when you buy something, MOST receives another $5. You can sign in with Facebook! Many stores participate including: Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, jcpenney, Macy’s and Staples.
Find MOST on all your other favorite sites: